This page contains the changelogs of the game from 14/12/2017. Major versions are split by table, with minor versions being split into rows.
| Sapling Edition
|30th of January 2019: Sapling 1.3.60 (190130a)
- Player Nicknames. Upon creating a new character, you can change the name that will be shown.
- Player Name Changers: The town hall now allows you to buy a name change certificate for changing your own name.
- Player list shows the player’s username if they are using a nickname. (You can also use /getUsername [Nickname] to get a person’s username)
- When trying to break a block that is protected, a particle line will show you to the thing that is protecting it.
- All worlds made before this patch will have sign protection disabled for any existing sign.
- Small Optimisations to UI. Should load faster, and be more responsive, on less powerful computers.
- Improvements to LOD generation speed.
- Some minor memory improvements.
- Some minor optimisations to Shaders.
- Some imrovements to file loading
- Fix some cases where an NPC could be pushed out of a conversation by another NPC.
- Sign protection defaults should now be fixed. Festival areas and other similar signs should no longer protect by default.
- Lots of behind the scenes changes to LOD generation. Some odd quirks of LOD generation (Shadows on beaches) should now be gone.
- Improvements to Key Not Found error messages.
- No longer says unknown content build error, if the file was at least in a folder in mods.
- Fixed doubling of file path on Tile errors.
|14th of January 2019: Sapling 1.3.59 (190114c)
- Let players drop items from inventory when hovering over the item description area.
- Fixed another bug which didn't allow dropping from inventory.
- Let a second press of esc work while transitioning from map mode or selfie mode.
- Show status of bees when using a Smoker on an Apiary that is currently producing honey.
- Fixed an issue which caused worlds to not be deleteable.
- Fixed some other issues caused by map mode and other interactions.
- Added command line property to Steam Launcher, "binary", which opens specified file instead of Staxel.Client.exe
- Added a special pass to command line parsing, to allow values that aren't joined with a : or =.
- Try joining by staxelnet first when trying to join via Steam Friends.
|9th of January 2019: Sapling 1.3.58 (190109a)
- Sign UI has been updated.
- Area protection is only on by default for homes and main town buildings. Festival area is now not included.
- Fix totems not being able to scan and being stuck on "Updating...". They should reliably scan the area.
- Fix weirdness caused by talking to an NPC while in map mode.
- Fix MinSpecs warning always showing, even if told to never show.
- Changed MinSpecs window from Yes/No to just Continue.
- When opening the journal, it will automatically go to the tab the last quest appeared in.
- Small speed improvements to chunk loading.
- No longer closes UI menus when a drag goes outside it.
- When the game/server crashes from an Out Of Memory error, show "Exit to desktop" instead of "Exit to menu".
- Staxel net Address box lines up better with the escape menu.
- Fishing now sends data more efficiently.
|8th of January 2019: Sapling 1.3.57 (190108a)
- Mouse Smoothing now takes framerate into account.
- Fix Signs/Totems stopping festivals.
- Fix Signs/Totems stopping plants from growing.
- Fix plant pulling not triggering the protection notification.
- Fix plant pulling happening every tick if the plant was in a Sign/Totem area.
- Fix window and borderless modes not respecting half resolution and window size.
|5th of January 2019: Sapling 1.3.56 (190105b)
- Totem regions will now protect the area they cover by default. You can turn this off by clicking on the totem and pressing the right button.
- Improvements to rendering speed and range while walking around.
- Some small memory improvements to chunks.
- Standalone users who purchased the game can also use StaxelNet.
- StaxelNet options should now properly save on worlds
- StaxelNet errors should be easier to read.
- Issues list in Steam Launcher will now show some more issues.
- Fixed a case where players would still be in a conversation and thus would not save properly when exiting a world.
- Fixed Standalone launcher deleting saves when updating.
- Fixed controller not being able to get to the StaxelNet checkbox.
- Fixed Steam Launcher crashing if it fails to find anything to check for files missing.
- Fixed StaxelNet text overlapping in some languages.
- Fixed some cases of needing to talk to Farm Fan twice.
- The wall clock is now against the wall, and the hands line up correctly.
- Don’t crash if a person in dialog leaves the game.
- More robustness when loading textures.
- More logging to find some more inconsistent crashes.
- When deleting worlds, it will now retry if it fails.
- Improved some StaxelNet Exceptions.
- Possibly fixed a crash when looking at journal.
- Fixed a crash when loading totems.
- Joke time estimate when content building replaced with an actual helpful message.
- Draw Point added to Debug Drawing.
| Sapling Edition
|14th of February 2018: Sapling 1.1.51 (180216b)
- Staxel is now running in 64 Bit:
- Less Out Of Memory Errors. Less Purple Screens.
- Improved lower end performance. Performance Stability should be increased.
- Graphics Card usage is down.
- Disk Usage is down.
- Note: Reported memory usage (RAM) is up. This is due to Staxel not hiding memory in the Page File anymore.
- Staxel now uses FNA.
- Sound spam when receiving a lot of notifications should be less now.
- Prevent opening UI and map on the same frame. Caused weird issues before.
- Some changes to some cooking recipes.
- Added some entity deduping tech to crack down on duplicate entity issues.
- Pets with no Home delete themselves.
- Code mods need to make sure they are either on "Any CPU" or "x64" from now on.
|14th of February 2018: Sapling 1.1.50 (180214b)
- Cards and Emotes are now avaliable on steam.
- A new Camera Mode: Reversed First Person (Selfie Mode). Press X (keyboard) to get this.
- Unicorn Hat and Unicorn Plush have been added.
- New recipes: Egg Fried Rice, Shrimp Fried Rice, Fruit Salad
- Plant prices have been increased.
- Manure recipes are buyable.
- Pedestal is now searchable.
- Basic Table and Basic Chair recipes are now different from each other.
- Gatherables can now spawn in Forest shacks.
- Coloured petal’s sell price reduced.
- Apiary’s collision is actually 2 blocks tall now.
- Looking glass is actually in the hand now.
- Sunflower and some other plant’s rotation is no longer random.
- Some intermediaries have been removed from the catalogue.
- Modded servers, with different files to the client, should now be joinable again.
- NPC’s should now spawn at the Airship dock more reliably.
- Fix crash when using Manure on something that isn’t a plant.
- Fix fishing rod not bobbing and splash sounds.
- Fixed some Catalogue search issues.
- Pet duping should be fixed.
- Fix crash with villagers and postboxes.
- Staxel doesn’t hard crash when loading Code mods that crash. (e.g. Built for the wrong processor type.)
- Asset Manager updates to Docks, Particles, Plants, Spawner Binding.
- Fixed Asset Manager crash when Character outfits did not have 5 items.
- A number of improved error messages. A number of these errors were commonly hit.
- You can now hide Item Tags on Docks. Use “showNameTags” : false.
- Mod manager now uninstalls DLL’s. And doesn’t crash when they are missing.
|5th of February 2018: Sapling 1.1.46 (180206b)
- Coloured petals from flowers. Used in crafting certain coloured blocks.
- Added a low disk space warning when creating a server. (Or starting SinglePlayer).
- Bacon Sandwhich and Scrambled Egg recipes.
- Made Weeds spread only on dirt.
- Set certain plants to only be in 1 direction.
- Certain recipes got changed. Particularly Brick recipes.
- Some changes have been made, which lower Harddrive usage.
- Fixed Animal Facial Expressions.
- Allowed IconScale to work for Accessories again.
- Added a check in Content Builder when using CustomRendererVoxels.
- Updated Festivals, Emotes and Expressions in Modmanager.
|5th of February 2018: Sapling 1.1.45 (180205a)
- Pet Food recipe. (Bacon, milk and Oats.)
- Added Manure recipe. Manure can be used to instantly revive wilted plants.
- Allow players to immediately connect to Steam Server when invited outside the game.
- Made it so Farm Animals phase through doors.
- Farm Animal achievements are granted on Crate Placement.
- Allowed Bathroom sinks to also fill jars.
- Some recipes and items have had their prices changed.
- Changed Faces on the Map. They point in better directions when at the bottom of the screen.
- Added more Keys that can be rebound to.
- Removed Scorpion from Collectables screen.
- Fixed Third Person camera.
- Butter Counting as a Cake.
- Fixed Rowan not giving the pet option when going through tutorial a second time.
- Don’t crash world when a tile is no longer a dock due to updates.
- Mixed Seeds complaining about being in the wrong season.
- Fixed old worlds not loading their Heightmap.
- When failing to get Asset Bundle from server, reset and disconnect.
- Try to address grey loading screen issue.
- Teleport command no longer crashes when not given a player.
- Lots of additional behind the scenes logging and asserting to find weird crashes.
- Some additional safety checks to code. Fixed some race conditions.
- More bad packet detection.
- Workaround Crash when opening Recipe UI before it was ready.
- Fixed game trying to remove merchant cart when sellbox wasn’t placed yet.
- Fixed issues with Gatherabes not spawning properly.
- Behind the scenes changes to Item Rendering.
- Updated Asset Manager: Merchant, Structure Template/ Structure Pool.
- Asset Manager will now show Expression Codes for properties that need it.
- Mod manager now has an right click option to open the sxlmod location.
- Asset Manager no longer logs crashes when Validating Assets.
|1st of February 2018: Sapling 1.1.43 (180201c)
- Cicadas and rhino beetles also spawn on forest wood.
- Flies spawn on dirt and rock instead of trees.
- Pause Generating World and LOD on night transition to let other sections take priority.
- If the server closes too quickly, a more meaningful crash message should appear.
- Cows don't have the milk counted as gotten, until the player gets a milk bottle.
- Added A2S support for server hosters.
- Fixed 3rd person camera being weird.
- Made sure gatherables loading in are also checked for recycling.
- Other gatherable checks.
- Fix butter counting as a cake for Cake achievements.
- Don't allow switching away from the rod while pulling up fish.
- Fix an issue with Tile State Entities queueing up a lot of sounds which would all play at once when loaded.
- A number of networking fixes.
- Asset manager should fail faster and with better error when it can't find the content folder.
- Added Throwable Component to Asset Manager.
- Updated Many Villager Assets and Updated Totems in Asset Manager.
- Forced validation on Totem Tiles. They must have a buyable component now.
|1st of February 2018: Sapling 1.1.41 (180201a)
- Kitchen Sink is no longer a crafting site. It does however still fill up Jars.
- Can no longer go back in time beyond the start of the game. (Day 1.)
- Fixed an off by one error in Postboxes/ Signs. This *should* be the last bug in displaying numbers.
- Fixed a double dispose issue with Chunks.
- A couple fixes to other disposing issues.
- A number of behind the scenes changes to add more logging for specific crashes.
- A couple accessory had their Palettes moved to Platte Groups. Should allow you to add palettes to these accessories now.
- Made moods in mood overrides not required.
| Sapling Edition
|31st of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.40 (180131b)
- Removed the requirement, Getting Harvest Crop achievement, for the in-game achievement Deliver License.
- Give bonus weighting for certain catchables during Festivals. (Should be more likely to get Wisps and Fairies.)
- Catchables will leave their location after 1-3 days, letting other catchables spawn there. Should give rarer bugs a chance to spawn.
- Removed Farm Fan's house again. Was actually meant to be a quest for the player.
- Fixed a rare bug were Dialogue variables were loaded too fast, and not allowing people to skip tutorial.
- Fixed Order 100 achievement only actually required 10 orders.
- More hardening against corruption.
- Fixed an issue with locking while loading Character Accessories.
- Pricing Component in Asset Manager Updated.
- Everything under Animals has been updated. Now includes links to wiki as well.
- An error message to do with item spawning was made clearer.
|31st of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.39 (180131a)
- Commands should now be able to take names with spaces by surrounding them with “”. (i.e. /kickplayer “Hah You Can’t Kick Me”)
- Added Farm Fan’s house to the village again.
- Pie recipes added to Patisserie and General Store buildings.
- Added butter and cream recipes to the game.
- Important totems will now give a warning notification when destroying them.
- Smoothed out the transition between rock layers.
- Farm Fan gives a Farm License to players who can’t go through tutorial.
- Items in the Post Box menu now wrap around to a new line if too long. (Translations often caused this.)
- Widened Single player world creation and edit screens. Should work better in other Translations now.
- Only show the control hints screen to those not finished the tutorial.
- Animals start with only 1 hunger on their first day so they have food left for the second day.
- Made Horizontal wooden beam work more like a block.
- Bobble heads are no longer selected for quests.
- Changed filled trough costs to exactly match the unfilled. (No more free money.)
- Chicken has been removed from the tutorial package.
- Pets should no longer play fetch with all throwables.
- Pets should more reliably chase thrown balls.
- Reeds can now be walked through.
- Crates are cheaper. A number of recipes are cheaper. Some crafted items sell for less. Bottled Fireflies sell for more.
- Made magic water not sellable.
- Made sure certain festival items and water tiles are not buyable. Also hide certain water tiles from creative.
- CobbleStonePath2, 3 and 4 are now hidden from creative and non-buyable. These were legacy tiles. CobbleStonePath already has these textures.
- Steam Launcher should now also detect if dependencies are missing and install them itself.
- Cows can now eat while being on top of trough.
- Lowered Farm Animal jump height across the board. They should no longer be able to jump over tall fences. (1.5 tile tall, or higher, fences)
- Moved “Show/Remove” HUD key from F10 to F4. Also it no longer requires Debug Keys option activated.
- Pause the game when pulling up Steam Overlay.
- If Steam is not connected, i.e Standalone launcher, do not show Steam related menus.
- Removed make crash log in Main Menu. The game does this already.
- Movement speed clamped to 1 tile per tick. (Should only affect falling large distances.)
- More fixes to Steam Networking
- More attempts at fixing Incorrect Client version (Even if same client client version)
- Fixed Town Hall not being at Tier 2 on world creation.
- Fixed Post Boxes/Signs saying “1 object (2 missing).
- Fixed Post Boxes/Signs not completing lower tiers, even if the all of items is there.
- Shipping catalogue should no longer crash the game when putting in bad input. (Negative numbers or decimal numbers.)
- Attempted fix for players being stuck in Night Transition.
- Certain bugs should no longer float in mid air after breaking their support.
- Fixed interacting with things being off due to being in water.
- Animals now just eat from a distance rather than teleport if they really need food.
- Farm Fan no longer talks about herself in third person. Should always give the option to continue tutorial.
- /givepetals now complains when you input a number which would result in getting too much money.
- Fix catchables not respawning after losing their supporting tiles.
- Recycle locations taken by bugs after being caught. Allows other bugs to spawn in these areas. Should give rarer bugs more chance to appear.
- Fixed issue with reloading Character Designs with no eye, or an eye without a palette.
- Fixed a crash with window being size (0,0)
- Fixed a locking issue and other similar issues with chunks.
- Fixed some memory leaking when chunks failed to load.
- Fixed Shipping catalogue not working in creative.
- Don’t let the game crash trying to remove a waypoint that isn’t there.
- Made the game more robust to corrupted data files.
- Fixed null pointer exception when removing an unknown totem.
- Attempt to fix a Rare null pointer exception with rendering browser.
- Steam Launcher should put out more error information if the game crashes too quickly.
- Fixed sleeping in the wrong direction on Paw Double Bed.
- Improved error message when missing a Body Type and Species.
- Clarified other messages to directly reference file extensions.
- Added “code” to duplicate item and species messages.
- Added a new filetype “.animalModel”. This is used to add your models to a pet made by someone else. (Specifically Staxel’s Cats and Dogs.)
- Crafting Images and Animal Models are in Asset Manager.
- Added “Sellable” property to Pricing Components.
- A “treasure” property has been added to Pets.
- Added “canOverrideBehaviour” to Villager Personalities. This can be used to make sure personalities are not overridden in festivals and similar activities.
- Added “warningNotification” to Totems.
- IModHookV2 was added for Code mods. This is aware of the client side of the game.
- Added “willPlayFetch” to throwable component.
|28th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.38 (180128b)
- Steam networking. Players can now open up their games to let their friends join via steam networking. No fussing around with ports and servers.
- Some changes to writing system to not create and delete files as much.
- Fixed issue with Post Boxes completing without placing anything.
|27th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.36 (180127b)
- Pickaxe can now turn grass into dirt.
- Tutorial skip option.
- Player limit option in servers. Use the server wizard or use the “--playerlimit=” argument.
- Text speed option. Can increase the text speed up to 5x.
- Allowed players to make bottled firefly. Firefly + Empty jar on Combining station. (Known issue with Empty Jars turning into Water Jars. Place Firefly first.)
- All village postboxes now have 2 tiers. Should be harder to break stores and homes by accident this way.
- Wool is now throwable.
- Magic water now sells for less.
- Old outdated water tiles are now hidden from creative menu.
- Fix trees showing the wrong message when checking their growth stage.
- Fixed an issue where if a totem had two tiers with the same item, it could not go up from the lowest tier without having enough items to complete both tiers.
- Fixed 1 in 5 chance of not getting item from wisps.
- Some other background fixes.
- Changed wording of an Asset Manager error to suggest content building.
|26nd of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.35 (180126a)
- The steam launcher will ask to reinstall dependencies if the game doesn’t start.
- All non-festival totems are searchable again.
- Stone and Sand had their buy prices and sell prices lowered.
- Light Wooden block has been increased to 10 blocks per craft.
- Combining Station is now in the Building store.
- Cat House and Dog House are now limited to 1 per stack.
- Changes to Dialogue to make Daily Quests show up occasionally when talking to Riah or Emilia.
- Removed Infobox from character creator.
- Filter is case insensitive now.
- Aliza, Riah and Emilia will no longer crash while talking to them. (You can buy replacement totems again.)
- You can now walk through the Garden Arch and Japanese arch.
- Fixed crash after picking fruit from apple tree.
- Fixed notifications having the wrong name in them.
- Fixed a case where game version wasn’t being sent to server.
- Asset Manager’s “Build and Validate” now Validates then Builds, rather than Build then Build. Also reload the system after doing so.
- Clarified an error when having multiple layers named the same thing in models.
|24th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.34 (180124c)
- Cabbage soup is now craftable.
- Crops and crafted items are worth more in general.
- Don't crash on monitors at or larger than 4K (Due to XNA limitation, we can't render at any higher resolution.)
- Post 1.1.33 servers shouldn't crash when Pre 1.1.33 try to join.
- Some behind the scenes fixes to chunk rendering.
|24th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.33 (180124a)
- A number of new sounds for tiles mainly.
- Added Rainbow Coffee Tables, Desks, Side Tables, Tables and Lamps.
- Added a filter to Server listing.
- New background image for the Main Menu.
- Some more Dev Bobble heads spawn in world now.
- Light Wooden Block now is a Starter recipe.
- Economy rebalance: Prices change slower at the beginning. Minimum price is 65% instead of 50%. Prices come back much faster.
- Dialogue should have 1 second of wait time before reactivating.
- Press ESC to escape dialogue for any NPC other than Farm Fan.
- Made Rhino Beetles more common.
- Certain grasses and flowers are now pickable as well.
- Trough Food and Chicken Food are cheaper.
- Mixed seeds sell for less.
- The chance for trees to drop wood is 60% now.
- /help is now available as a public command. Will only show other public commands unless /enablecheats is active.
- Items in dialogue now cost 0 petals while in creative.
- Village paths should play nice with terrain. (New world only)
- Musical plants now say “Play” when looking at them.
- Removed the second Bee sound.
- Removed “Remove Nametags” option.
- You can now get the watering achievement even when the crop is already watered.
- Make sure certain UIs are reset when server is crashed. (Night Transition especially.)
- If the note from Rowan goes missing, you can get a new one by talking to Rowan.
- Some fixes to a mismatched version between Client and Server even if they are the same.
- Fix collections showing ??? for items that have been collected.
- Fix collections not showing some bugs.
- Fixed some issues with animals and food.
- Fixed issue where animals were not milkable or sheerable.
- Fixed bugs keeping their sound on after being destroyed.
- Villagers shouldn't teleport too high anymore.
- Animal Happiness notification should come after happiness is updated. (Not Before.)
- Fixed some crashes when server names were used as file names.
- Fix much older world (>1 year) crashing on startup.
- Fix an overflow/underflow crash that involved Colour.
- Fixed a crash while viewing Server List.
- Fixed pink spot on female lab coats.
- Some other behind the scenes crashes.
|22nd of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.30 (180122d)
- Logs and feedback are now opt in on steam version of Staxel. However all logs are still sent on any steam testing branch.
- Fixed Broken ambience sounds.
- Fix plants wilting in certain cases.
- Night transitions are giving more time to farming checks. Should help alleviate tile watering problems.
- Fixed Snowdust Fair attendant giving only red lanterns instead of yellow and red.
- Pets should now stop following their owner when you pet them again.
- The pet plant can't be bought nor can be found from mixed seeds.
- Fixed one last haircut for Caiths.
- Bald hairstyle is always the first hairstyle.
- Varnish added to Building store.
- Watering slows you down less.
- Basic wooden fence ingredient amounts lowered.
- Capture crate recipe altered to avoid conflict.
- Ranch window and Large Ranch window should not conflict either.
- Fixed all Candy causing crashes. They are back to needing to be mixed.
- Fish chances have been changed.
- Koi fish can now only be gotten in SnowdustFaire.
- If no fish exists that can be gotten, don't give a random fish.
- Fireflies spawn in forests now.
- Roof requirement on Totems now has (Any Block) to help signify you don't need "Roofing tiles" but just a "Roof"
- Structures shouldn't spawn ontop of paths.
- Controllers aren't scanned when opening esc menu. Only in options now. (Some people's computers could take 30 seconds to scan for controllers)
- Background changes to entities that should make it so they don't completely crash the game if something goes wrong.
- Server wizard had a couple changes. Should now be possible to have spaces in the Server Name. Storage has spaces explicitly turn into underscores now.
- Monitor resolution is now picked instead of highest resolution on startup.
- Gatherables now have the config "spawnFestivals" similar to "spawnWeathers" but for festivals instead.
|20th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.26 (180120b)
- Lots of Caith hair fixes for various hairs and hats.
- Trousers work with caiths as well.
- New Bobbleheads of the staff.
- Removed the monkey hat from chargen.
- New alternative farms that can spawn instead of the default.
- Holding Shift now lets you buys 10x what is on display. (For items that you buy in 5s. You will get 50x).
- Scaffolding is cheaper and allows you to place it in more ways.
- Lots of pricing changes. Some other random configuration changes.
- Animals play sounds randomly.
- You buy seeds in bunches of 3 now.
- Crafting stations will now make the number of crafts that would have been automatically crafted, even if they unload from players being too far.
- Maximum time for fish to appear lowered from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Hair Replacement config in Accessory files can take a BodyType argument. (Different hair styles for different races.)
- Dock One At A time config removed from docks. All docks default to Full stack normally with one at a time with shift.
- Some more nighttime hints.
|20th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.25 (180120a)
- Added various items that pets can only get. Have fun getting them all!
- Some furniture in the colours of the rainbow has been added.
- Caith Race has been added to chargen.
- Elves have new skin colours.
- Firefly was added.
- Patisserie oven was added.
- Candle is now animated.
- Added a T section and Cross section for the Wooden Pole Fence.
- Added a scaffolding block for an easier time while building.
- Hay bale added to building store.
- Hair styles with hats are now gone. The hats on those Hair styles have been separated into actual hats.
- Hat Hairs styles have also been removed from Character Generator.
- Mapped B back to being cancel on the controller. This was originally a temporary change.
- Made watering can slow you down while using.
- Some minor pet happiness adjustments. (It's possible to get horrible mood, most gains are nerfed to be half as effective.)
- Pets spawn hungry now.
- Pet Treasures are now using biased random.
- Fixed underground fishing.
- Ladybugs and rhino beetles should not hang in the air if the tree was removed.
- TV Stand and Shop Counters offsetting the items on top of them should be fixed. (And the one in the building store)
- Made sure certain recipes don't conflict in crafting. Also adjusted values so that you craft 10 blocks at a time.
- World gen improvements around smoothing terrain.
- Fix maximising window not working when the window wasn't in fullscreen or borderless.
- Don't allow a missmatch between the game's and the server's version.
- Some more work around capping money to keep it from overflowing.
- Auth is optional for servers. Public servers heavily encouraged to have it on though.
- Don't have the controller send values for the sticks if it isn't active yet.
- Spawn rate of Will'O'The Wisp has been increased.
- Added another mode for gatherables and spawning during world gen. (Ignore, Chance and Always Spawn)
|17th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.23 (180117a)
- Merchants should now give their selling tutorial to players again.
- Dynamic economy was made to be a bit friendlier. (Prices go down slower mainly)
- Labelled prices should now be correct again.
- Fixed issue with shops not being stocked if the Totem was in range of the player, but the shelves weren't.
- Fixed issue where night transition was skipping an entire day. Might have also fixed being stuck in the menu at night.
- Made it harder for two totem entities to spawn in the same spot.
- Capture crates now show "Catch" verb when looking at animals.
- Capture crates will ignore pets now instead of crashing.
- World gen has been changed slightly to make slightly better terrain around objects.
- Some recipes have been changed to be non-buyable. Another recipe was added to building store.
- Trying to join a passworded server takes you back to mp menu and sets focus to password box
- Mod manager allows you to add your own tags for steam upload now. Also Added Translation tag.
- Fixed mod manager not uninstalling .cache files.
- Fixed mod manager complaining about folder missing when trying to change details of a uninstalled mod.
|16th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.22 (180116a)
- Secondary players get thrown a random pet now on startup. We are looking to make this better later.
- If you skip the tutorial, (By making Farm fan mad.), but then decide to do it, time will be locked at midday again to avoid time issues.
- Tiles now have "pullSoundGroup". Tiles will now play these sounds when harvested or pulled.
- Allow totems to be shown on the Map. ("showOnMap" to true. Can use "rotation" to affect how it shows on the map.)
- Seed maker ratios have been changed. Should be more forgiving now.
- Esc and Back can now be used to leave the map.
- Fixed some golden crops showing up in mixed seeds when they shouldn't be.
- Fix Collections page being off by 1, making it so some items didn't show up.
- Options buttons are now lengthened slightly more. Text shouldn't be cut off too early.
- Minor world gen speedup.
- Game should be more resilient to overflowing money.
- Fixed water appearing in the beach when it shouldn't.
- Removed creative mode from the options menu. Was confusing people.
- Asset Manager should no longer have assets crash while validating all files. (Should also be 2-4x faster now.)
- Mod manager now remembers that you have already uploaded a file when you remake the file again. Allows you to upload to the same workshop file.
- Mod manager should also have Steam Workshop tags. Working on adding support for custom tags soon.
- Alt Tabbing in borderless windowed mode and fullscreen should perform better and work as expected.
|15th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.21 (180115b)
- A number of behind the scenes changes to rendering.
- A number of small bug fixes. Mainly to do with Inventory, Audio and rendering edge cases.
- More french language updates.
|13th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.19 (180113a)
- Newer, fancier emote faces for animals.
- Fix animal capture crates.
- Renamed some stations. (Carpentry → Carving, Masonry → Construction)
- Starter floor/wall recpices are Tiled instead of Carved. They also use cheap varnish instead of varnish. (Should make it possible to craft during tutorial)
- Made sure critical quest items can't be bought. (The stuff for fishing pond.)
- Make sure that the mouse is actually inside the achievement window before changing the description box.
- Fixed cobble path recipe showing wrong numbers.
- Changed fishing combinations to show & instead of +. (So 1 & 4 instead of 1 + 4)
- Fixed the recipe ingrediant count on the recipe UI.
- Fixed regression causing GPU usage to skyrocket on certain GPU's.
|11th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.16 (180111a)
- Fix the Fine Lumber recipe showing wrong lumber.
- Remove mushroom categories from acorn.
- Fixed stoptime description.
- Made sure golden seeds aren't buyable.
- Made sure treasure check took buyable into account.
- Only unlock the clothing achievement if the item equipped was actual clothing.
- Fix up the inventory control hint showing wrong button.
- Star Jelly should now go straight to the inventory.
|10th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.15 (180110b)
- Creature Bud plant actually gives the creature bud.
- Controller connected message should now show when using direct input controllers. (Older version controllers, Playstation Controllers or Nintendo Pro Controller)
- Behind the scenes memory optimisations. A lot of optimisations.
- French is now in game.
|10th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.14 (180110a)
- Bunch of behind the scenes stuff to do with memory management.
- Some minor optimisations
- Pet ears are now on the map.
- Campfire has a soundloop.
- Some changes to hopefully make Virus Scanners less mad at us.
- Passworded servers are now completely possible.
|9th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.13 (180109b)
- Some more totem updates. New worlds should be safe again for now.
- Updated village structures slightly.
- Some bugs got smaller.
- Temporarily removed docks from some tiles so objects can be placed on them.
- Chopping stations docks have been changed slightly.
- All crops should have a golden version now.
- Recipe intermediate items have been replaced with some more permanent models.
- Some newer food items have been replaced with some more permanent models.
- A /lot/ of background changes to bring in further optimisations.
- Allow items with a buy price of 0. Disallow selling price to be higher than buying price.
- Fixed showing unbuyable items in the shipping catalogue
- Avoid duping town square totems in festival structures.
- Player now looks at farm fan on world start.
|8th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.10 (180108b)
- French Translation has been added to the game.
- A free pet renamer form is now given with the pet.
- More new sounds.
- Several couple updates.
- Totem requirements now has a scrollbar if the list gets too large.
- Orchid Mantis doesn;t spawn on flowers and now works for bug achievements.
- Fixed a bug with sounds. They should be at the correct volume and apply effects correctly at all times.
- Lots of backend work optimising the game more.
- Server should now send out more packets when lagging behind. Less visible lag should occur.
- Mod manager UI improvements.
- Farm fan should be blocking the player again on world start.
|6th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.8 (180106a)
- Festival and airship structures have changed.
- Fixed some types with some particles.
- Door animations should allign better.
- Particles for the smaller campfire.
- Fixed bug with totems not showing that they need roofs properly.
- Fixed worldgen creating holes due to smoothing in rare cases.
- Make sure NoConsole was added to Steam check and firewall rules.
- If you manage to get past that check. The error message will now say to go to a webpage to get more info.
- Some more safety checks with merchants selling unsellable/unbuyable items.
|5th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.7 (180105a)
- New Village structures!
- Show Particles option in Options menu.
- Limited number of threads so high core cpu's don't Out of Memory as easily. (Really high end cpu's should crash less.)
- Gatherables can now spawn in only select biomes.
- Acorns can now be found in normal and meadow biomes.
- New bug. Orchid Mantis.
- Smaller Campfire has an animation now.
- Let grass replace dirt when a structure places flowers.
- Seed tool spams less noise on failure.
- Currency notification should now accumalate money a little over time.
|4th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.6 (180104d)
- Show particles button added to options menu.
- Bunch of entity changes are fixes for various issues that popped up since 1.1.3.
- Placement sounds are now required on tiles. A lot of tiles gained sounds on placement.
- Shipping crate items now auto-pickup.
|4th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.3 (180104a)
- Fixed world being paused after sleeping.
- There is now an essentials shelf in the Building Store.
- Allowed mods to add their totems to Max's villager quests. Therefore it's now possible to get modded villagers into the game without modifying base files.
- Fixed Client timestep being majorly ahead of Server Timestep on World Creation. A lot of problems that happened when creating a world is now fixed.
- Patisserie totem has been updated. Along with couple of the added Patisserie items.
- No longer possible to get villagers that are already in the village from Max.
- Some fixes to disconecting servers while talking to NPC's.
- Fixed crash when swapping/combining items.
- Fixed some trees missing their buffers. No more floating trees.
- Fixed up some more issues with Night Transition.
- Animals should get to food more often.
- Sound effects when Mass Breaking are merge into a single emit. Less lag when breaking multiple things at once.
- Some other behind the scenes fixes.
|3rd of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.1 (180103b)
- Steam Achievements are live!
- New sounds for a whole bunch of things!
- Bee Spawn rate is now higher. Cricket Spawn rate is lower.
- New display cases for the Patisserie.
- Fixed up the night transition after earlier refactors.
- Lumber Prices have been lowered.
- Made sure villagers can path through doors.
- Fixed paths not smoothing up/down hills.
- Moutain intersecting with village should occur less often.
- Some server changes to better handle giving assets to players.
- Fixed up villagers interacting with disconnected players.
- Fixed a couple things wrong in Asset Manager.
- Fixed issue with Creative Menu sometimes giving multiple items on right click.
- Fixed an issue with bookshelves and grabbing items.
- Made Mod Manager force a content build if it failed on previously on Steam start.
- Staxel will not start if Mod Manager fails a content build.
- Ensured MassReplacer can't replace with objects larger than 1 tile.
- Some other behind the scenes fixes.
| Sprout Edition
|31st of December 2017: ver Sprout 0.1.9 (171231a)
- Fixed some mine placement issues. Should be spawning properly now.
- LeftHanaded mode is now actually hidden. Make Crashlog and Enable Debug Keys are now always shown.
- Chat message will appear when starting/stopping tracelog.
- Make Characters who are flying/in camera mod invisible to NPC's.
- Fixed some chunk rendering issues.
- More logging to Out Of Memory crashes.
|30th of December 2017: ver Sprout 0.1.8 (171230a)
- A mine has been added to world gen. Have fun finding it.
- More NPC's now sell their totems when you lose them.
- Aliza now sells critical store items if the stores are broken.
- Fix doubled Axe sound.
- Fixed some of the UI issues that popped up since 0.1.7.
|29th of December 2017: ver Sprout 0.1.7 (171229a)
- Apiary finally has bee sounds.
- A whole bunch of Cake and Pie stands can be found. (Not craftable and only sold in Shipping Catalogue).
- Tavern door and Red door also added. Buyable in Building Store.
- Aliza can sell you the barn totem if you lose it.
- Old Jeans are now hidden in Char Gen. The newer paletted one is now there instead.
- TV Stand can actually take TV's now.
- A couple commands now don't require a player. (ditto, spawnitem, spawnmaterial, spawntile).
- A few background fixes to Achievements.
- Dialogue and vignette should be a little more reliable. (Done Client Side now.)
- Pausing was centralised, and should be more robust.
|28th of December 2017: ver Sprout 0.1.6 (171228a)
- Farm Fan and other guiding NPC's will now slow down before reaching the destination.
- Fixed null ref crashes for lootable tiles and other things.
- Particle editor UI now hides properly.
- When several Renders behind, only Render once now.
- Validate that a tile's autotiling references known tiles.
- Fixed some wonkeyness with the loading screen.
- Some behind the scenes fixes.
|24th of December 2017: ver Sprout 0.1.5 (171224a)
- A whole bunch of minor optimisations.
- Quest Dialogue should now have priority over normal dialogue.
- Fixed some edge cases with Villager quests.
- Rowan and certain Festival NPC's can't give quests anymore.
- Removed the last hairstyle that was still in pet furniture.
- Character Generator should now refresh skin palettes when changing race and gender.
- Hardened Steam mod checker to exceptions.
- Double click to install mod now runs content builder.
|23rd of December 2017: ver Sprout 0.1.4 (171223b)
- Santa Hats!
- Coral tiles.
- Pets should now save their names when being captured. The names should also update immediately now.
- Jeans are now paletted. But the old ones are still in char gen to avoid issues.
- Ponds/Swamps can now spawn gatherables on them.
- Option to mute error sounds was added.
- UI offset issue should be fixed.
- Resolutions should now be sorted correctly. (Or at least better sorted.)
- Minimalist desk can now fit a chair.
- Pastel Coffee Table and Shop Counter have their dock offset's fixed.
- Event recipes should be removed from stores. Sorry but you will only get them by participating in festivals.
- White rose seed is no longer searchable/findable.
- You now leave map mode when fainting.
- Break sounds are louder.
- Now plays a tool specific hit sound on breaking blocks.
- Merchants now validate that their contents are actually sellable.
- Fixed some issues with economy being off in certain cases.
- Debug keys (The f1-f12 keys) now need to be activated by options menu.
- Bunch of model fixes and crafting icon changes.
- Typo fixes and Creative Icon updated.
|21st of December 2017: ver Sprout 0.1.3 (171221a)
- Chinese and German Translations was done today.
- Cake recipes are now possible.
- Sugar and salad are now starter recipes.
- Frame animated tiles can now play sounds.
- Pause has now been activated for all menus.
- Building store now has more doors, windows, fences and blue prints.
- General store got some new items.
- Some item previously removed have been added in again.
- Grass doesn't spread through winter.
- Bugs won't spawn on weeds anymore.
- Non-festival totems are now in the creative catalogue.
- Aliza should no longer speak about Farm Licenses to non-owners.
- Steam Mod installer now works with new versioning system and also won't bug installers with "Out Of Date" every launch.
- Better colour highlight in creative catalogue.
- Special Thanks was added to credits.
- Baking station will check for stuff inside before giving a verb for it.
- Server Console can now be activated with the settings menu. (Client console is still "showconsole.txt" in the /bin/ folder.)
- Client Console now outputs stuff on Windows 8.1 and 10.
- Debug Tools files in /mods/ got removed in preperation for Steam Upload.
- Mass Filler Debug Tools is now working again.
- Pastel Table is now set to the right dock config.
- Plants should error before they get through content builder if they point to a non-existent stage. If it does, error message has been improved.
- More Behind the scenes fixes for crashing.
|20th of December 2017: ver Sprout 0.1.2 (171220a)
- New Inventory Layout
- The store sells decorations instead of Jams now.
- 5 more doors.
- Some newer crafting reations have been fixed up.
- Items don't scale up in docks anymore.
- Mixing station now shows the right states. (No more lifting up the beater while crafting.)
- Wall vines are scytheable
- Removed some Hairstyles that were in pet rewards. (You can't equip hairstyles)
- Fixed world gen smoothing, should have less issues with structures on the edge of drops.
- Forest box gives more money.
- Server should be sending more compressed packets now.
- Some more crash fixes.
|18th of December 2017: ver Sprout 0.1.1 (171218a)
- UI has been updated a lot across the board. Should have more consistency and more contrast. It's not completely done yet.
- Server Wizard now has 2 buttons to start the Game. Will allow steam users to start the game after starting the server.
- Totems placed by the Server are valid until they scanned the area. Should stop some issues happening on world start.
- Black door has been added.
|16th of December 2017: ver 20171216122337301
- Steam Achievements are in the works. May or may not be able to trigger them now.
- Crafting Stations and Sounds respect pausing.
- Roofs are now in the LOD. Old worlds may not show this until you place a block in the chunk however.
- Days are 25% longer. 22 minutes now.
- 10, 100, 1000 achievements should now count at the same time. You used to need to get 1110 seeds, now only 1000 seeds.
- Chairs should be more reliable in kicking the player off when they get destroyed. (No more sitting on thin air).
- More double ui sound fixes.
- Chimney now has smoke coming out of it.
- Consoles are now hidden by default.
- Fixed some more obscure crashes
- Some minor optimisations and background code changes
|13th of December 2017: ver 20171213231233773
- There is now a more robust mod system on install.
- Night transition got changed. The calender looks like a calender \o/
- UI double sound issue should be fixed.
- Pink and Blue doors
- Fixed seed maker not restarting crafting
- Hang on exit should be fixed.
- Fixed a bunch of stuff in the backend.
|12th of December 2017: ver 20172121200535704
- A rudimentary mod check was added to the launchup of steam version. This will be made more robust in future.
- Rope fence straight auto-tile has been changed.
- Growing a plant with magic water is a bit more robust.
- Couple of UI improvements. Calender looks better, Black Overlay in menus, Controllers and sliders fixed.
- Some more crash fixes.
- Solve some of the framerate issue while item preview is shown.
|11th of December 2017: ver 20171211224307214
- Controller prompt in start menu no longer blocks exit button.
- Made more Dresser trigger Character Generator.
- Debug Export Tool improvements. Should make less crashes and work more reliably now.
- Dialogue checks were added to ensure translations for each line exists. You must run Dialogues through "Tag dialogue and generate language" in content builder now.
- Fixed Controller not being able to go left-right in Character Generator.
- Animated Tiles can now have particles. You can see this with the the Campfire and Torch.
- Shop Roof was changed.
- Other minor under the hood stuff centered around fixing various crashes including Out of Memory crashes.