This page contains the changelogs of the game from 14/12/2017. Major versions are split by table, with minor versions being split into rows.
| Sapling Edition
|15th of April 2019: Sapling 1.4.26 (190415e)
- Adjusted the Starbit hitbox to be easier to pick up.
- Mailbox can now bought in the Grocery store.
- Post office items are now sold after completing Leif’s first quest.
- Slop Trough is now sold along with the other Farm Animal items.
- Version number now only shows on the main menu and pause menu.
- Fixed clothing not getting unlocked in the shipping catalogue. (Modded and Unmodded.)
- Fixed being unable to set home after using the teleport button in the menu.
- More staxel net relays have been added. If you want there is an option under gameplay.
- Fixed a number of cases in dialogue where the player’s name was not coloured.
- VR items can now be sold.
- Allow the License Delivered achievement to be done out of order.
- Fix a bug which would let Server Owners get the Build Barn Quest too early.
- Allow Farm Fan to move again, if you completed the barn quest before the tutorial.
- Farm Fan can now remove extra registration letters from your inventory when they aren’t needed.
- No longer able to create a world with Impossible Folder names, or using \ or / or |. ( . is also limited.)
- Aliza can now give extra trough recipes if you don’t have it in your inventory or if you didn’t learn it.
- Fixed a case where the “Use Staxel Net” option could disappear after exiting edit world menu.
- Some other minor crash fixes.
|14th of April 2019: Sapling 1.4.25 (190414c)
- Pet Food bowl, Trough, Slop Trough and Chicken Feed Area now give more food. (Now 5, 8, 8, 8 helpings respectively.)
- Added a lot of previous unsearchable items to the creative catalogue. As well as some to shipping catalogue.
- Shovel will now break blocks even if a tile is above them. Will not break blocks with plants on them however.
- Fixed Eris' liked items not giving more reputation.
- Added likes to Farm Fan.
- Aliza should no longer care if you have the Farm License in your inventory to start the Barn Build quest. (If you previously lost your License here, just talk to Max again to unlock this.)
- The dialogues for pointing the player towards farm fan should no longer play to people who can't complete the tutorial.
- Vorlen will now unlock clocks when you try to make the museum for him.
- Fix a case where the Prince, for Emilia's quests, wouldn't spawn if you went to Eris' castle.
- Added an extra Prince check to Emilia's Liked quest
- Fixed Daily quest items showing up in Jamie's fetch quest pool.
- Fixed some issues with NPC's not spawning at the Airship totem.
- Added /magicteleportreturn as a cheat command.
- Made duplicate key exceptions better for Character Designs and Character Outfits.
- Fixed Morel and Cirahna using 2 scripts at a time, and thus walking away from the player if they interacted with them.
- Fixed quotations not being escaped in mail, causing a crash when you tried to make mail.
- Fixed using a decimal point in the petals causing a crash.
- Increase the amount of starbits spawned on a server by 1 per player on the server.
- Fixed a crash after expanding a player's rights.
- Crafting dock Drawables are now more rigorously checked in validation. They also do not spam logs when invalid in game.
- Can no longer leave the world to increase the number of starbits that drop at night.
- Fixed an issue with Staxel net, not choosing specific relay servers.
- Fixed a bunch of models with wrong layernames.
- Fixed tabbing in content builder.
|11th of April 2019: Sapling 1.4.24 (190411a)
- Fixed some counters having items docked to them float.
- Fixed Husky pet skins not appearing.
- Always show animal crates as buyable in store. However to buy them you do need a valid sign.
|10th of April 2019: Sapling 1.4.23 (190410a)
- Morel will now take spare special mushrooms away from you after her first quest is done.
- Fixed a case where the Prince and Princess villagers could accidentally skip parts of their dialogue. Added a backup method for those affected by this.
- Added an extra way to start the Murmur conversation if it failed to fire on Eris' first quest.
- Fixed some Typos in English item names.
- Jamie's rival no longer reads books.
- Replica sword is positioned better in the hand.
- Eris' final quest island will not allow you to leave unless you finish the dialogue there.
- A spare starbit was added to Eris' final quest. (Leaving there to be an extra.)
- Fixed a case causing a grey screen when alt+enter was used.
- Fixed a grey screen caused by sleeping in a bed, while /stoptime was enabled.
- Fixed a couple cases where the firework sound was used for teleporting.
|9th of April 2019: Sapling 1.4.21 (190409a)
- Improved the categorisation of many recipes in the Blueprint menu.
- Black, Brown and Dark Brown are now normal palette colours. Clothing can be found in these colours.
- Smoothies now have proper particles.
- Milk is now drinkable and removes many status effects.
- The shelves contain shipping items and tools have been split. One shelf only contains the shipping goods, while the other the farm goods.
- Added a way to force set the Quest Giver of main quests. Use this to categorise Leif and Morel's quests better. (Only affects new journal entries.)
- Fixed Morel and Cirahna having a case where they would just disappear.
- Pet follow radius has been increased. Should make pets much more reliable in following you.
- Added in a backup case in Leif's first quest, which would let you complete the quest, even if done out of order.
- Fixed the sprinkler making a lot of noise at night transition.
- Fixed the Roomie Quest and Complete All of a Villager's quests achievements being on the same spot.
- Fixed movement speed and fishing timeout options not updating on restart.
- Fixed the female version of the studded jacket showing skin through it.
- Fixed the pink voxels that would appear on Caith's right hand if certain hats or hairstyles were used.
- Fixed the player slowing down in mid air, if Walking speed option was below 100%.
- The Tree village now has its placeholders replaced.
- You can now teleport from the non-quest islands. This however costs money.
- Fixed Ren appearing in the wrong outfit on first appearance.
|8th of April 2019: Sapling 1.4.20 (190408a)
- Players who get an extra locket for Cirahna can now give it to Cirahna again.
- Fix a crash that resulted in making a mail, with an empty petal count.
- Added a new potion to remove the current transformation.
- Added potions and lucky boxes to the daily quest reward pool.
- Fixed an infinite loop when a NPC is missing in Emilia's quest. (She will just say random dialogue instead.)
- If you have both the Lucky status and Unlucky status (e.g. Drank a Mug'o'sap), you can no longer lose items due to unluckiness, but gaining items is half the original chance. (5% instead of 10%)
- Tutorial will now attempt to remove the unlucky status effect, to avoid soft locking at the harvesting step.
- Lucky and Unlucky will now affect milk and wool.
- Transformation potion doesn't get used if you are already transformed.
- Renaming an existing world now allows unicode.
- Renaming an existing world, will now check to see if the new world name is valid.
|7th of April 2019: Sapling 1.4.19 (190407c)
- Split the recipes in the Building store onto two shelves.
- Reduced the requirements to get the Reinforced and Infused tool level recipes.
- Cirahna and Morel will visit each other on occasion.
- Morel will occasionally leave her house to go to town.
- Fix some cases where an invalid world name would be accepted, but the server would then crash.
- Added a content builder check for "animation" in tiles.
- Fixed the magic water animation freaking out when you are watering multiple plants.
- Fixed a cat skin having the wrong layers and thus crashing the game.
- Fixed a case where the server would crash at night transition if a player, who had mail to come the next morning, left the server.
- Possibly fixed a couple cases where mouse clicks would stick after entering and leaving UI. (e.g. Teleporting, looking at the calendar.)
- Don't crash when deleting a world, where a folder doesn't exist.
- Don't silently crash when buying items with starbits while in creative mode.
- Fixed another case where a Murmur would disappear if going through dialogue too quickly to a set of options.
- Lower the time for the first arrival quest from 7 days to 4 days.
- Fix some cases where $playername; would appear in gift dialogue on non-english languages.
- The 3rd tier on the Building store should now unlock on the right quest.
- The shipping station and magnifying glass now shows the nickname instead of the default username.
- Some blackscreen fixes.
- Allow Emilia to respawn certain villagers, if they have left already.
- Reorder the bunny spawn check in Rosemary so that it is hit more often.
- Made the Leif Friend quest backup trigger more reliable.
- Fixed the Cirahna Locket not being a quest item. A backup method is provided for those that lost it.
|5th of April 2019: Sapling 1.4.18 (180405a)
- Night Transition and World loading fixes.
- Don't crash the client when a font conflict occurs in translation files.
- Properly center the calendar on resolutions other than 1080p.
- Updated a number of translations.
- Fixed a case where the loading screen would hang, if all chunks where empty air.
- Be more reliable in sending crashlogs if a server is still up by the time reports are sent.
- Fixed Leif's Acquaintance quest not triggering while Leif is at work.
- Fixed a couple cases where villagers would path 20000 blocks to go to the festival.
- Removed grass colouration on the Rough stone pathway.
- Add a section for the journal to the control hints popup.
- If a villager tries to path a long distance, they will teleport instead. (Rather than lock the server as they try to path.)
|4th of April 2019: Sapling 1.4.17 (190404a)
- Display a warning on pre-1.3 worlds to try and get people to move to newer version.
- Fixed giving the wrong teleporter recipe for Eris' quest. If you are missing it, talk to her and she will give it.
- Added a check to Riah's quest to give missing recipes.
- Prefer to choose the home location or the town hall, if failing to find a position to teleport back from Islands. (Instead of in the ground.)
- Barn quest will now properly complete on old worlds if you talk to Max.
- Only allow the wandering bunny to be picked up if you are in the right stage in the quest.
- Added a stricter check to Leif so he doesn't repeat the bunny quiz.
- Fixed a case where Rosemary's last quest could loop back to the start.
- Pet shop displays also act as counter tops.
- Fixed trees not growing with magic water.
- Fixed the issue allowing you to immediately talk to Farm Fan again during tutorial after finishing dialogue. (Now a 1 sec wait happens like normal.)
- You are no longer allowed to gift to Farm Fan when you start the tutorial.
- Fixed sizing on the Can't Set Home notification.
- Fixed some cases where the wrong sound was being played. (Particularly Rosemary's rabbit.)
- Lower Animal Jump Height. (To match the height from before gravity change.)
- Hide some required items on Signs/Postboxes that were only available in a later quest. (e.g. Post office stuff for the grocery.)
- Lowered Leif's first quest from Liked level to Acquiantance level.
- Removed the notification for completing a recipe.
- Fixed some cases where sticky notifications caused hidden errors.
- You can now sleep for a moment to remove sleepy statuses.
- You can now drink coffee, which will remove sleepy statuses and give a speed boost.
- Shop tiles are now unlocked at the start of any world. (All old worlds will unlock these items.)
Dropped the price of cookies to match chocolate chip cookies.
- Changed a bit on how Merchants disappear.
|1st of April 2019: Sapling 1.4.15 (190401b)
- A new villager has arrived.
- 3 old villagers now have friendship quests. (Leif, Jamie and Eris)
- These villagers also have new gift dialogue.
- Magic Crafting. Talk to Cirahna after finishing her Liked quest to unlock.
- Players can now send mail to each other.
- 1 of 2 postmen can now visit the village after some conditions are met.
- Some new Side characters to find.
- Starbits have been added. They add a little colour to the night.
- VIP Merchants have been added. They offer some more exotic merchandise in exchange for a certain item.
- A new bi-weekly festival. You might need to start thinking with portals for this one.
- Magical islands. There are X custom made islands to explore.
- Buffs and Debuffs. These last throughout the day, going away when you sleep.
- A new tool. The weed killer. Faster than a scythe but doesn’t give you seeds or petals.
- Tool upgrades. You can upgrade them to break stronger things and charge further.
- Town Square Merchants can be picked up and moved, as long as you have a strong enough tool.
- Added an option to disable tool notifications appearing with right click.
- Some more clothing to find.
- New fish and bugs to collect.
- Added a demote option to the op command.
- New look for both the collection screen and recipe screens.
- New blocks to play around with.
- New block to world generated farms: The calendar.
- The game will now tell you can’t gain any more reputation for that villager for the day.
- A new option to change default movement speed.
- Added the ability to use any language as your world name. No longer restricted to english.
- Shipping station no longer allows you to find everything.
- Shipping station is now locked behind Leif’s friendship quest.
- Seasons last 30 days. Up from 16.
- Players can stay awake much longer. Be careful about fainting though!
- Tool charging is faster overall. Spam clicking should no longer be the fastest way to farm.
- Final charge state is now much stronger for tools with upgrades.
- Fishing has been reworked. Now a more calming experience.
- The Watering Can no longer has infinite water. Refill using water block or a sink.
- Farm Fan no longer stands completely still all day. She’s a bit of a night owl now. (You, or the server owner for servers, will need to talk to her once to get her moving.)
- Farm Fan prioritises other quests during the Harvest Festival, if you are currently not doing that quest line.
- The UI for Post boxes and Signs will update as you are looking at it. (Instead of needing to be closed and opened again.)
- Recipes will now visually show that they have been learnt by changing model and name.
- Can no longer give items to Villagers who arrive for Festivals and other one time quest npcs. These NPC’s will not show a heart.
- Villager conversations (Villager to Villager talking) will now appear in the journal.
- If your inventory is full, any recipes given by NPC’s will be automatically learnt.
- Some items previously not searchable in creative are now available.
- UI backplates are now more consistent.
- Major chunk loading changes. Should notice more consistency.
- More of the world should generate as you play the game, even if you don’t travel the full island.
- Charge tool achievement has been split into 2 parts.
- Villagers that have been told to stay still, should do so even when they have a job.
- Patisserie now requires an extra set of displays on second level. But these stands now provide delicious looking Pie Stands. (Not for eating.)
- Gravity has been slightly lowered, items also have ground friction. (You can throw items farther but they don’t slide across the ground as much.)
- Default throwing strength of items has been increased.
- Balloons will float in mid air if you break any blocks attached to them.
- Cirahna’s hitbox while on the ground reflects her more.
- Can’t gift to Cirahna until after she gets off the ground.
- Bald people should no longer gain hair while wearing hats.
- Registration letter is no longer given as part of the items you spawn with, after finishing the tutorial. You now get a shovel instead.
- Fixed Fossil polisher showing up in the Mechanic’s shop before Vorlen’s museum is done.
- Fey Mansion now comes with more furniture.
- You now get out of bed when you leave the night transition screen.
- Sticky notifications will now go away after night transition.
- Increased the power of festival tools to much or better tier 2 tools.
- New sounds for rabbit, some effects and some UI.
- Lightning is now in stereo. Also lightning will change its apparent distance more regularly.
- Ignore a mouse down when exiting UI menus. Stops excess placing/using of items.
- Non server owners can now correctly start the Barn Quest. Fixes issues with Max not accepting items or starting quests.
- Players can now teleport while sitting down or while they are locked to any other dock.
- Improvements to how chunk reading is handled.
- Fixed certain villagers attempting to go home after a single day of arriving.
- Fixed the bug that showed 2 extra boxes for item mail.
- Fixed Endash rendering as a Permille symbol.
- Fixed Rosemary not going to quests if you went past Neutral reputation.
- Auto pickup items option should now be properly activated/deactivated when you join a new world.
- Behind the scenes fixes to how chunk loading occurs game wide.
- Let night transition deal with more farming chunks. Fixes some issues with plants not growing.
- Sponge should no longer eat itself if there is no room left in the inventory.
- Fixes to many day checks that explicitly checked for midnight.
- Fixed a loud hiss in one of the songs.
- Fixed some underlying issues with rendering the UI.
- Villagers spawned from a spawner will also hide from the map now.
- Cirahna not always showing on the map after getting her up.
- Inventory and Journal can no longer be opened during dialogue.
- Fixed cases where villagers wouldn’t look at the player while talking.
- Fixed numerous cases of the wrong model being used when a Caith put on a hat.
- Fixed some other cases where models where wrong, or majorly clipping through.
- Fixed a case where the world would be unfinishable as Farm Fan reset a flag. Worlds affect by this should be able to talk to Mayor Max to fix it.
- Fixed numerous cases where villagers wouldn’t go to daily quests.
- Fixed Daily quest display in the journal. (They show they are completed. Dialogue fills out more often.
- Daily quests will attempt to remove quest items from player inventories when they expire.
- Fixed 1x UI scale not being selectable.
- Fixed numerous 1 pixel wiggles in the UI.
- Fixed the mail notification sound happening several times at night.
- Loot boxes should no longer give more rewards when clicking them, even when open.
- Fixed effects ending before their sound ended.
- Villagers will now unequip any item at night, and stop all animations. Less awkward reading while walking.
- Fixed a case where localhost wouldn’t go to your computer.
- Fixed some cases where a server would crash without an error being logged if given bad console arguments.
- Old mods should remain mostly compatible with the exception of one change. Due to the shipping station not showing everything available to buy at the start, the lucky box will be needed to be used for any mod not updated.
- The pricing component has had “canBeEarntFromLuckyBox” and “catalogueUnlockedFromStart” added.
- Added a way to always show a static main verb for items.
- There is a way to request that a chunk be regenerated now.
- Lots of minor changes, that shouldn’t break compatibility with old versions.
- Added a way for festivals to happen multiple times per season.
- Content Builder now has a utility to find items that can be bought, but don’t appear in any location that would normally allow a player to get them. (Besides in the world.)
- Dialogue errors should now provide more information overall.
- It’s now possible to add custom collections and recipe categories.
- Several error message improvements.
- Added “tilesToIgnore” to totems which will completely ignore any specified tile.
| Sapling Edition
|30th of January 2019: Sapling 1.3.60 (190130a)
- Player Nicknames. Upon creating a new character, you can change the name that will be shown.
- Player Name Changers: The town hall now allows you to buy a name change certificate for changing your own name.
- Player list shows the player’s username if they are using a nickname. (You can also use /getUsername [Nickname] to get a person’s username)
- When trying to break a block that is protected, a particle line will show you to the thing that is protecting it.
- All worlds made before this patch will have sign protection disabled for any existing sign.
- Small Optimisations to UI. Should load faster, and be more responsive, on less powerful computers.
- Improvements to LOD generation speed.
- Some minor memory improvements.
- Some minor optimisations to Shaders.
- Some imrovements to file loading
- Fix some cases where an NPC could be pushed out of a conversation by another NPC.
- Sign protection defaults should now be fixed. Festival areas and other similar signs should no longer protect by default.
- Lots of behind the scenes changes to LOD generation. Some odd quirks of LOD generation (Shadows on beaches) should now be gone.
- Improvements to Key Not Found error messages.
- No longer says unknown content build error, if the file was at least in a folder in mods.
- Fixed doubling of file path on Tile errors.
|14th of January 2019: Sapling 1.3.59 (190114c)
- Let players drop items from inventory when hovering over the item description area.
- Fixed another bug which didn't allow dropping from inventory.
- Let a second press of esc work while transitioning from map mode or selfie mode.
- Show status of bees when using a Smoker on an Apiary that is currently producing honey.
- Fixed an issue which caused worlds to not be deleteable.
- Fixed some other issues caused by map mode and other interactions.
- Added command line property to Steam Launcher, "binary", which opens specified file instead of Staxel.Client.exe
- Added a special pass to command line parsing, to allow values that aren't joined with a : or =.
- Try joining by staxelnet first when trying to join via Steam Friends.
|9th of January 2019: Sapling 1.3.58 (190109a)
- Sign UI has been updated.
- Area protection is only on by default for homes and main town buildings. Festival area is now not included.
- Fix totems not being able to scan and being stuck on "Updating...". They should reliably scan the area.
- Fix weirdness caused by talking to an NPC while in map mode.
- Fix MinSpecs warning always showing, even if told to never show.
- Changed MinSpecs window from Yes/No to just Continue.
- When opening the journal, it will automatically go to the tab the last quest appeared in.
- Small speed improvements to chunk loading.
- No longer closes UI menus when a drag goes outside it.
- When the game/server crashes from an Out Of Memory error, show "Exit to desktop" instead of "Exit to menu".
- Staxel net Address box lines up better with the escape menu.
- Fishing now sends data more efficiently.
|8th of January 2019: Sapling 1.3.57 (190108a)
- Mouse Smoothing now takes framerate into account.
- Fix Signs/Totems stopping festivals.
- Fix Signs/Totems stopping plants from growing.
- Fix plant pulling not triggering the protection notification.
- Fix plant pulling happening every tick if the plant was in a Sign/Totem area.
- Fix window and borderless modes not respecting half resolution and window size.
|5th of January 2019: Sapling 1.3.56 (190105b)
- Totem regions will now protect the area they cover by default. You can turn this off by clicking on the totem and pressing the right button.
- Improvements to rendering speed and range while walking around.
- Some small memory improvements to chunks.
- Standalone users who purchased the game can also use StaxelNet.
- StaxelNet options should now properly save on worlds
- StaxelNet errors should be easier to read.
- Issues list in Steam Launcher will now show some more issues.
- Fixed a case where players would still be in a conversation and thus would not save properly when exiting a world.
- Fixed Standalone launcher deleting saves when updating.
- Fixed controller not being able to get to the StaxelNet checkbox.
- Fixed Steam Launcher crashing if it fails to find anything to check for files missing.
- Fixed StaxelNet text overlapping in some languages.
- Fixed some cases of needing to talk to Farm Fan twice.
- The wall clock is now against the wall, and the hands line up correctly.
- Don’t crash if a person in dialog leaves the game.
- More robustness when loading textures.
- More logging to find some more inconsistent crashes.
- When deleting worlds, it will now retry if it fails.
- Improved some StaxelNet Exceptions.
- Possibly fixed a crash when looking at journal.
- Fixed a crash when loading totems.
- Joke time estimate when content building replaced with an actual helpful message.
- Draw Point added to Debug Drawing.
| Sapling Edition
|14th of February 2018: Sapling 1.1.51 (180216b)
- Staxel is now running in 64 Bit:
- Less Out Of Memory Errors. Less Purple Screens.
- Improved lower end performance. Performance Stability should be increased.
- Graphics Card usage is down.
- Disk Usage is down.
- Note: Reported memory usage (RAM) is up. This is due to Staxel not hiding memory in the Page File anymore.
- Staxel now uses FNA.
- Sound spam when receiving a lot of notifications should be less now.
- Prevent opening UI and map on the same frame. Caused weird issues before.
- Some changes to some cooking recipes.
- Added some entity deduping tech to crack down on duplicate entity issues.
- Pets with no Home delete themselves.
- Code mods need to make sure they are either on "Any CPU" or "x64" from now on.
|14th of February 2018: Sapling 1.1.50 (180214b)
- Cards and Emotes are now avaliable on steam.
- A new Camera Mode: Reversed First Person (Selfie Mode). Press X (keyboard) to get this.
- Unicorn Hat and Unicorn Plush have been added.
- New recipes: Egg Fried Rice, Shrimp Fried Rice, Fruit Salad
- Plant prices have been increased.
- Manure recipes are buyable.
- Pedestal is now searchable.
- Basic Table and Basic Chair recipes are now different from each other.
- Gatherables can now spawn in Forest shacks.
- Coloured petal’s sell price reduced.
- Apiary’s collision is actually 2 blocks tall now.
- Looking glass is actually in the hand now.
- Sunflower and some other plant’s rotation is no longer random.
- Some intermediaries have been removed from the catalogue.
- Modded servers, with different files to the client, should now be joinable again.
- NPC’s should now spawn at the Airship dock more reliably.
- Fix crash when using Manure on something that isn’t a plant.
- Fix fishing rod not bobbing and splash sounds.
- Fixed some Catalogue search issues.
- Pet duping should be fixed.
- Fix crash with villagers and postboxes.
- Staxel doesn’t hard crash when loading Code mods that crash. (e.g. Built for the wrong processor type.)
- Asset Manager updates to Docks, Particles, Plants, Spawner Binding.
- Fixed Asset Manager crash when Character outfits did not have 5 items.
- A number of improved error messages. A number of these errors were commonly hit.
- You can now hide Item Tags on Docks. Use “showNameTags” : false.
- Mod manager now uninstalls DLL’s. And doesn’t crash when they are missing.
|5th of February 2018: Sapling 1.1.46 (180206b)
- Coloured petals from flowers. Used in crafting certain coloured blocks.
- Added a low disk space warning when creating a server. (Or starting SinglePlayer).
- Bacon Sandwhich and Scrambled Egg recipes.
- Made Weeds spread only on dirt.
- Set certain plants to only be in 1 direction.
- Certain recipes got changed. Particularly Brick recipes.
- Some changes have been made, which lower Harddrive usage.
- Fixed Animal Facial Expressions.
- Allowed IconScale to work for Accessories again.
- Added a check in Content Builder when using CustomRendererVoxels.
- Updated Festivals, Emotes and Expressions in Modmanager.
|5th of February 2018: Sapling 1.1.45 (180205a)
- Pet Food recipe. (Bacon, milk and Oats.)
- Added Manure recipe. Manure can be used to instantly revive wilted plants.
- Allow players to immediately connect to Steam Server when invited outside the game.
- Made it so Farm Animals phase through doors.
- Farm Animal achievements are granted on Crate Placement.
- Allowed Bathroom sinks to also fill jars.
- Some recipes and items have had their prices changed.
- Changed Faces on the Map. They point in better directions when at the bottom of the screen.
- Added more Keys that can be rebound to.
- Removed Scorpion from Collectables screen.
- Fixed Third Person camera.
- Butter Counting as a Cake.
- Fixed Rowan not giving the pet option when going through tutorial a second time.
- Don’t crash world when a tile is no longer a dock due to updates.
- Mixed Seeds complaining about being in the wrong season.
- Fixed old worlds not loading their Heightmap.
- When failing to get Asset Bundle from server, reset and disconnect.
- Try to address grey loading screen issue.
- Teleport command no longer crashes when not given a player.
- Lots of additional behind the scenes logging and asserting to find weird crashes.
- Some additional safety checks to code. Fixed some race conditions.
- More bad packet detection.
- Workaround Crash when opening Recipe UI before it was ready.
- Fixed game trying to remove merchant cart when sellbox wasn’t placed yet.
- Fixed issues with Gatherabes not spawning properly.
- Behind the scenes changes to Item Rendering.
- Updated Asset Manager: Merchant, Structure Template/ Structure Pool.
- Asset Manager will now show Expression Codes for properties that need it.
- Mod manager now has an right click option to open the sxlmod location.
- Asset Manager no longer logs crashes when Validating Assets.
|1st of February 2018: Sapling 1.1.43 (180201c)
- Cicadas and rhino beetles also spawn on forest wood.
- Flies spawn on dirt and rock instead of trees.
- Pause Generating World and LOD on night transition to let other sections take priority.
- If the server closes too quickly, a more meaningful crash message should appear.
- Cows don't have the milk counted as gotten, until the player gets a milk bottle.
- Added A2S support for server hosters.
- Fixed 3rd person camera being weird.
- Made sure gatherables loading in are also checked for recycling.
- Other gatherable checks.
- Fix butter counting as a cake for Cake achievements.
- Don't allow switching away from the rod while pulling up fish.
- Fix an issue with Tile State Entities queueing up a lot of sounds which would all play at once when loaded.
- A number of networking fixes.
- Asset manager should fail faster and with better error when it can't find the content folder.
- Added Throwable Component to Asset Manager.
- Updated Many Villager Assets and Updated Totems in Asset Manager.
- Forced validation on Totem Tiles. They must have a buyable component now.
|1st of February 2018: Sapling 1.1.41 (180201a)
- Kitchen Sink is no longer a crafting site. It does however still fill up Jars.
- Can no longer go back in time beyond the start of the game. (Day 1.)
- Fixed an off by one error in Postboxes/ Signs. This *should* be the last bug in displaying numbers.
- Fixed a double dispose issue with Chunks.
- A couple fixes to other disposing issues.
- A number of behind the scenes changes to add more logging for specific crashes.
- A couple accessory had their Palettes moved to Platte Groups. Should allow you to add palettes to these accessories now.
- Made moods in mood overrides not required.
| Sapling Edition
|31st of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.40 (180131b)
- Removed the requirement, Getting Harvest Crop achievement, for the in-game achievement Deliver License.
- Give bonus weighting for certain catchables during Festivals. (Should be more likely to get Wisps and Fairies.)
- Catchables will leave their location after 1-3 days, letting other catchables spawn there. Should give rarer bugs a chance to spawn.
- Removed Farm Fan's house again. Was actually meant to be a quest for the player.
- Fixed a rare bug were Dialogue variables were loaded too fast, and not allowing people to skip tutorial.
- Fixed Order 100 achievement only actually required 10 orders.
- More hardening against corruption.
- Fixed an issue with locking while loading Character Accessories.
- Pricing Component in Asset Manager Updated.
- Everything under Animals has been updated. Now includes links to wiki as well.
- An error message to do with item spawning was made clearer.
|31st of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.39 (180131a)
- Commands should now be able to take names with spaces by surrounding them with “”. (i.e. /kickplayer “Hah You Can’t Kick Me”)
- Added Farm Fan’s house to the village again.
- Pie recipes added to Patisserie and General Store buildings.
- Added butter and cream recipes to the game.
- Important totems will now give a warning notification when destroying them.
- Smoothed out the transition between rock layers.
- Farm Fan gives a Farm License to players who can’t go through tutorial.
- Items in the Post Box menu now wrap around to a new line if too long. (Translations often caused this.)
- Widened Single player world creation and edit screens. Should work better in other Translations now.
- Only show the control hints screen to those not finished the tutorial.
- Animals start with only 1 hunger on their first day so they have food left for the second day.
- Made Horizontal wooden beam work more like a block.
- Bobble heads are no longer selected for quests.
- Changed filled trough costs to exactly match the unfilled. (No more free money.)
- Chicken has been removed from the tutorial package.
- Pets should no longer play fetch with all throwables.
- Pets should more reliably chase thrown balls.
- Reeds can now be walked through.
- Crates are cheaper. A number of recipes are cheaper. Some crafted items sell for less. Bottled Fireflies sell for more.
- Made magic water not sellable.
- Made sure certain festival items and water tiles are not buyable. Also hide certain water tiles from creative.
- CobbleStonePath2, 3 and 4 are now hidden from creative and non-buyable. These were legacy tiles. CobbleStonePath already has these textures.
- Steam Launcher should now also detect if dependencies are missing and install them itself.
- Cows can now eat while being on top of trough.
- Lowered Farm Animal jump height across the board. They should no longer be able to jump over tall fences. (1.5 tile tall, or higher, fences)
- Moved “Show/Remove” HUD key from F10 to F4. Also it no longer requires Debug Keys option activated.
- Pause the game when pulling up Steam Overlay.
- If Steam is not connected, i.e Standalone launcher, do not show Steam related menus.
- Removed make crash log in Main Menu. The game does this already.
- Movement speed clamped to 1 tile per tick. (Should only affect falling large distances.)
- More fixes to Steam Networking
- More attempts at fixing Incorrect Client version (Even if same client client version)
- Fixed Town Hall not being at Tier 2 on world creation.
- Fixed Post Boxes/Signs saying “1 object (2 missing).
- Fixed Post Boxes/Signs not completing lower tiers, even if the all of items is there.
- Shipping catalogue should no longer crash the game when putting in bad input. (Negative numbers or decimal numbers.)
- Attempted fix for players being stuck in Night Transition.
- Certain bugs should no longer float in mid air after breaking their support.
- Fixed interacting with things being off due to being in water.
- Animals now just eat from a distance rather than teleport if they really need food.
- Farm Fan no longer talks about herself in third person. Should always give the option to continue tutorial.
- /givepetals now complains when you input a number which would result in getting too much money.
- Fix catchables not respawning after losing their supporting tiles.
- Recycle locations taken by bugs after being caught. Allows other bugs to spawn in these areas. Should give rarer bugs more chance to appear.
- Fixed issue with reloading Character Designs with no eye, or an eye without a palette.
- Fixed a crash with window being size (0,0)
- Fixed a locking issue and other similar issues with chunks.
- Fixed some memory leaking when chunks failed to load.
- Fixed Shipping catalogue not working in creative.
- Don’t let the game crash trying to remove a waypoint that isn’t there.
- Made the game more robust to corrupted data files.
- Fixed null pointer exception when removing an unknown totem.
- Attempt to fix a Rare null pointer exception with rendering browser.
- Steam Launcher should put out more error information if the game crashes too quickly.
- Fixed sleeping in the wrong direction on Paw Double Bed.
- Improved error message when missing a Body Type and Species.
- Clarified other messages to directly reference file extensions.
- Added “code” to duplicate item and species messages.
- Added a new filetype “.animalModel”. This is used to add your models to a pet made by someone else. (Specifically Staxel’s Cats and Dogs.)
- Crafting Images and Animal Models are in Asset Manager.
- Added “Sellable” property to Pricing Components.
- A “treasure” property has been added to Pets.
- Added “canOverrideBehaviour” to Villager Personalities. This can be used to make sure personalities are not overridden in festivals and similar activities.
- Added “warningNotification” to Totems.
- IModHookV2 was added for Code mods. This is aware of the client side of the game.
- Added “willPlayFetch” to throwable component.
|28th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.38 (180128b)
- Steam networking. Players can now open up their games to let their friends join via steam networking. No fussing around with ports and servers.
- Some changes to writing system to not create and delete files as much.
- Fixed issue with Post Boxes completing without placing anything.
|27th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.36 (180127b)
- Pickaxe can now turn grass into dirt.
- Tutorial skip option.
- Player limit option in servers. Use the server wizard or use the “--playerlimit=” argument.
- Text speed option. Can increase the text speed up to 5x.
- Allowed players to make bottled firefly. Firefly + Empty jar on Combining station. (Known issue with Empty Jars turning into Water Jars. Place Firefly first.)
- All village postboxes now have 2 tiers. Should be harder to break stores and homes by accident this way.
- Wool is now throwable.
- Magic water now sells for less.
- Old outdated water tiles are now hidden from creative menu.
- Fix trees showing the wrong message when checking their growth stage.
- Fixed an issue where if a totem had two tiers with the same item, it could not go up from the lowest tier without having enough items to complete both tiers.
- Fixed 1 in 5 chance of not getting item from wisps.
- Some other background fixes.
- Changed wording of an Asset Manager error to suggest content building.
|26nd of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.35 (180126a)
- The steam launcher will ask to reinstall dependencies if the game doesn’t start.
- All non-festival totems are searchable again.
- Stone and Sand had their buy prices and sell prices lowered.
- Light Wooden block has been increased to 10 blocks per craft.
- Combining Station is now in the Building store.
- Cat House and Dog House are now limited to 1 per stack.
- Changes to Dialogue to make Daily Quests show up occasionally when talking to Riah or Emilia.
- Removed Infobox from character creator.
- Filter is case insensitive now.
- Aliza, Riah and Emilia will no longer crash while talking to them. (You can buy replacement totems again.)
- You can now walk through the Garden Arch and Japanese arch.
- Fixed crash after picking fruit from apple tree.
- Fixed notifications having the wrong name in them.
- Fixed a case where game version wasn’t being sent to server.
- Asset Manager’s “Build and Validate” now Validates then Builds, rather than Build then Build. Also reload the system after doing so.
- Clarified an error when having multiple layers named the same thing in models.
|24th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.34 (180124c)
- Cabbage soup is now craftable.
- Crops and crafted items are worth more in general.
- Don't crash on monitors at or larger than 4K (Due to XNA limitation, we can't render at any higher resolution.)
- Post 1.1.33 servers shouldn't crash when Pre 1.1.33 try to join.
- Some behind the scenes fixes to chunk rendering.
|24th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.33 (180124a)
- A number of new sounds for tiles mainly.
- Added Rainbow Coffee Tables, Desks, Side Tables, Tables and Lamps.
- Added a filter to Server listing.
- New background image for the Main Menu.
- Some more Dev Bobble heads spawn in world now.
- Light Wooden Block now is a Starter recipe.
- Economy rebalance: Prices change slower at the beginning. Minimum price is 65% instead of 50%. Prices come back much faster.
- Dialogue should have 1 second of wait time before reactivating.
- Press ESC to escape dialogue for any NPC other than Farm Fan.
- Made Rhino Beetles more common.
- Certain grasses and flowers are now pickable as well.
- Trough Food and Chicken Food are cheaper.
- Mixed seeds sell for less.
- The chance for trees to drop wood is 60% now.
- /help is now available as a public command. Will only show other public commands unless /enablecheats is active.
- Items in dialogue now cost 0 petals while in creative.
- Village paths should play nice with terrain. (New world only)
- Musical plants now say “Play” when looking at them.
- Removed the second Bee sound.
- Removed “Remove Nametags” option.
- You can now get the watering achievement even when the crop is already watered.
- Make sure certain UIs are reset when server is crashed. (Night Transition especially.)
- If the note from Rowan goes missing, you can get a new one by talking to Rowan.
- Some fixes to a mismatched version between Client and Server even if they are the same.
- Fix collections showing ??? for items that have been collected.
- Fix collections not showing some bugs.
- Fixed some issues with animals and food.
- Fixed issue where animals were not milkable or sheerable.
- Fixed bugs keeping their sound on after being destroyed.
- Villagers shouldn't teleport too high anymore.
- Animal Happiness notification should come after happiness is updated. (Not Before.)
- Fixed some crashes when server names were used as file names.
- Fix much older world (>1 year) crashing on startup.
- Fix an overflow/underflow crash that involved Colour.
- Fixed a crash while viewing Server List.
- Fixed pink spot on female lab coats.
- Some other behind the scenes crashes.
|22nd of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.30 (180122d)
- Logs and feedback are now opt in on steam version of Staxel. However all logs are still sent on any steam testing branch.
- Fixed Broken ambience sounds.
- Fix plants wilting in certain cases.
- Night transitions are giving more time to farming checks. Should help alleviate tile watering problems.
- Fixed Snowdust Fair attendant giving only red lanterns instead of yellow and red.
- Pets should now stop following their owner when you pet them again.
- The pet plant can't be bought nor can be found from mixed seeds.
- Fixed one last haircut for Caiths.
- Bald hairstyle is always the first hairstyle.
- Varnish added to Building store.
- Watering slows you down less.
- Basic wooden fence ingredient amounts lowered.
- Capture crate recipe altered to avoid conflict.
- Ranch window and Large Ranch window should not conflict either.
- Fixed all Candy causing crashes. They are back to needing to be mixed.
- Fish chances have been changed.
- Koi fish can now only be gotten in SnowdustFaire.
- If no fish exists that can be gotten, don't give a random fish.
- Fireflies spawn in forests now.
- Roof requirement on Totems now has (Any Block) to help signify you don't need "Roofing tiles" but just a "Roof"
- Structures shouldn't spawn ontop of paths.
- Controllers aren't scanned when opening esc menu. Only in options now. (Some people's computers could take 30 seconds to scan for controllers)
- Background changes to entities that should make it so they don't completely crash the game if something goes wrong.
- Server wizard had a couple changes. Should now be possible to have spaces in the Server Name. Storage has spaces explicitly turn into underscores now.
- Monitor resolution is now picked instead of highest resolution on startup.
- Gatherables now have the config "spawnFestivals" similar to "spawnWeathers" but for festivals instead.
|20th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.26 (180120b)
- Lots of Caith hair fixes for various hairs and hats.
- Trousers work with caiths as well.
- New Bobbleheads of the staff.
- Removed the monkey hat from chargen.
- New alternative farms that can spawn instead of the default.
- Holding Shift now lets you buys 10x what is on display. (For items that you buy in 5s. You will get 50x).
- Scaffolding is cheaper and allows you to place it in more ways.
- Lots of pricing changes. Some other random configuration changes.
- Animals play sounds randomly.
- You buy seeds in bunches of 3 now.
- Crafting stations will now make the number of crafts that would have been automatically crafted, even if they unload from players being too far.
- Maximum time for fish to appear lowered from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Hair Replacement config in Accessory files can take a BodyType argument. (Different hair styles for different races.)
- Dock One At A time config removed from docks. All docks default to Full stack normally with one at a time with shift.
- Some more nighttime hints.
|20th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.25 (180120a)
- Added various items that pets can only get. Have fun getting them all!
- Some furniture in the colours of the rainbow has been added.
- Caith Race has been added to chargen.
- Elves have new skin colours.
- Firefly was added.
- Patisserie oven was added.
- Candle is now animated.
- Added a T section and Cross section for the Wooden Pole Fence.
- Added a scaffolding block for an easier time while building.
- Hay bale added to building store.
- Hair styles with hats are now gone. The hats on those Hair styles have been separated into actual hats.
- Hat Hairs styles have also been removed from Character Generator.
- Mapped B back to being cancel on the controller. This was originally a temporary change.
- Made watering can slow you down while using.
- Some minor pet happiness adjustments. (It's possible to get horrible mood, most gains are nerfed to be half as effective.)
- Pets spawn hungry now.
- Pet Treasures are now using biased random.
- Fixed underground fishing.
- Ladybugs and rhino beetles should not hang in the air if the tree was removed.
- TV Stand and Shop Counters offsetting the items on top of them should be fixed. (And the one in the building store)
- Made sure certain recipes don't conflict in crafting. Also adjusted values so that you craft 10 blocks at a time.
- World gen improvements around smoothing terrain.
- Fix maximising window not working when the window wasn't in fullscreen or borderless.
- Don't allow a missmatch between the game's and the server's version.
- Some more work around capping money to keep it from overflowing.
- Auth is optional for servers. Public servers heavily encouraged to have it on though.
- Don't have the controller send values for the sticks if it isn't active yet.
- Spawn rate of Will'O'The Wisp has been increased.
- Added another mode for gatherables and spawning during world gen. (Ignore, Chance and Always Spawn)
|17th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.23 (180117a)
- Merchants should now give their selling tutorial to players again.
- Dynamic economy was made to be a bit friendlier. (Prices go down slower mainly)
- Labelled prices should now be correct again.
- Fixed issue with shops not being stocked if the Totem was in range of the player, but the shelves weren't.
- Fixed issue where night transition was skipping an entire day. Might have also fixed being stuck in the menu at night.
- Made it harder for two totem entities to spawn in the same spot.
- Capture crates now show "Catch" verb when looking at animals.
- Capture crates will ignore pets now instead of crashing.
- World gen has been changed slightly to make slightly better terrain around objects.
- Some recipes have been changed to be non-buyable. Another recipe was added to building store.
- Trying to join a passworded server takes you back to mp menu and sets focus to password box
- Mod manager allows you to add your own tags for steam upload now. Also Added Translation tag.
- Fixed mod manager not uninstalling .cache files.
- Fixed mod manager complaining about folder missing when trying to change details of a uninstalled mod.
|16th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.22 (180116a)
- Secondary players get thrown a random pet now on startup. We are looking to make this better later.
- If you skip the tutorial, (By making Farm fan mad.), but then decide to do it, time will be locked at midday again to avoid time issues.
- Tiles now have "pullSoundGroup". Tiles will now play these sounds when harvested or pulled.
- Allow totems to be shown on the Map. ("showOnMap" to true. Can use "rotation" to affect how it shows on the map.)
- Seed maker ratios have been changed. Should be more forgiving now.
- Esc and Back can now be used to leave the map.
- Fixed some golden crops showing up in mixed seeds when they shouldn't be.
- Fix Collections page being off by 1, making it so some items didn't show up.
- Options buttons are now lengthened slightly more. Text shouldn't be cut off too early.
- Minor world gen speedup.
- Game should be more resilient to overflowing money.
- Fixed water appearing in the beach when it shouldn't.
- Removed creative mode from the options menu. Was confusing people.
- Asset Manager should no longer have assets crash while validating all files. (Should also be 2-4x faster now.)
- Mod manager now remembers that you have already uploaded a file when you remake the file again. Allows you to upload to the same workshop file.
- Mod manager should also have Steam Workshop tags. Working on adding support for custom tags soon.
- Alt Tabbing in borderless windowed mode and fullscreen should perform better and work as expected.
|15th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.21 (180115b)
- A number of behind the scenes changes to rendering.
- A number of small bug fixes. Mainly to do with Inventory, Audio and rendering edge cases.
- More french language updates.
|13th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.19 (180113a)
- Newer, fancier emote faces for animals.
- Fix animal capture crates.
- Renamed some stations. (Carpentry → Carving, Masonry → Construction)
- Starter floor/wall recpices are Tiled instead of Carved. They also use cheap varnish instead of varnish. (Should make it possible to craft during tutorial)
- Made sure critical quest items can't be bought. (The stuff for fishing pond.)
- Make sure that the mouse is actually inside the achievement window before changing the description box.
- Fixed cobble path recipe showing wrong numbers.
- Changed fishing combinations to show & instead of +. (So 1 & 4 instead of 1 + 4)
- Fixed the recipe ingrediant count on the recipe UI.
- Fixed regression causing GPU usage to skyrocket on certain GPU's.
|11th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.16 (180111a)
- Fix the Fine Lumber recipe showing wrong lumber.
- Remove mushroom categories from acorn.
- Fixed stoptime description.
- Made sure golden seeds aren't buyable.
- Made sure treasure check took buyable into account.
- Only unlock the clothing achievement if the item equipped was actual clothing.
- Fix up the inventory control hint showing wrong button.
- Star Jelly should now go straight to the inventory.
|10th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.15 (180110b)
- Creature Bud plant actually gives the creature bud.
- Controller connected message should now show when using direct input controllers. (Older version controllers, Playstation Controllers or Nintendo Pro Controller)
- Behind the scenes memory optimisations. A lot of optimisations.
- French is now in game.
|10th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.14 (180110a)
- Bunch of behind the scenes stuff to do with memory management.
- Some minor optimisations
- Pet ears are now on the map.
- Campfire has a soundloop.
- Some changes to hopefully make Virus Scanners less mad at us.
- Passworded servers are now completely possible.
|9th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.13 (180109b)
- Some more totem updates. New worlds should be safe again for now.
- Updated village structures slightly.
- Some bugs got smaller.
- Temporarily removed docks from some tiles so objects can be placed on them.
- Chopping stations docks have been changed slightly.
- All crops should have a golden version now.
- Recipe intermediate items have been replaced with some more permanent models.
- Some newer food items have been replaced with some more permanent models.
- A /lot/ of background changes to bring in further optimisations.
- Allow items with a buy price of 0. Disallow selling price to be higher than buying price.
- Fixed showing unbuyable items in the shipping catalogue
- Avoid duping town square totems in festival structures.
- Player now looks at farm fan on world start.
|8th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.10 (180108b)
- French Translation has been added to the game.
- A free pet renamer form is now given with the pet.
- More new sounds.
- Several couple updates.
- Totem requirements now has a scrollbar if the list gets too large.
- Orchid Mantis doesn;t spawn on flowers and now works for bug achievements.
- Fixed a bug with sounds. They should be at the correct volume and apply effects correctly at all times.
- Lots of backend work optimising the game more.
- Server should now send out more packets when lagging behind. Less visible lag should occur.
- Mod manager UI improvements.
- Farm fan should be blocking the player again on world start.
|6th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.8 (180106a)
- Festival and airship structures have changed.
- Fixed some types with some particles.
- Door animations should allign better.
- Particles for the smaller campfire.
- Fixed bug with totems not showing that they need roofs properly.
- Fixed worldgen creating holes due to smoothing in rare cases.
- Make sure NoConsole was added to Steam check and firewall rules.
- If you manage to get past that check. The error message will now say to go to a webpage to get more info.
- Some more safety checks with merchants selling unsellable/unbuyable items.
|5th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.7 (180105a)
- New Village structures!
- Show Particles option in Options menu.
- Limited number of threads so high core cpu's don't Out of Memory as easily. (Really high end cpu's should crash less.)
- Gatherables can now spawn in only select biomes.
- Acorns can now be found in normal and meadow biomes.
- New bug. Orchid Mantis.
- Smaller Campfire has an animation now.
- Let grass replace dirt when a structure places flowers.
- Seed tool spams less noise on failure.
- Currency notification should now accumalate money a little over time.
|4th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.6 (180104d)
- Show particles button added to options menu.
- Bunch of entity changes are fixes for various issues that popped up since 1.1.3.
- Placement sounds are now required on tiles. A lot of tiles gained sounds on placement.
- Shipping crate items now auto-pickup.
|4th of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.3 (180104a)
- Fixed world being paused after sleeping.
- There is now an essentials shelf in the Building Store.
- Allowed mods to add their totems to Max's villager quests. Therefore it's now possible to get modded villagers into the game without modifying base files.
- Fixed Client timestep being majorly ahead of Server Timestep on World Creation. A lot of problems that happened when creating a world is now fixed.
- Patisserie totem has been updated. Along with couple of the added Patisserie items.
- No longer possible to get villagers that are already in the village from Max.
- Some fixes to disconecting servers while talking to NPC's.
- Fixed crash when swapping/combining items.
- Fixed some trees missing their buffers. No more floating trees.
- Fixed up some more issues with Night Transition.
- Animals should get to food more often.
- Sound effects when Mass Breaking are merge into a single emit. Less lag when breaking multiple things at once.
- Some other behind the scenes fixes.
|3rd of January 2018: Sapling 1.1.1 (180103b)
- Steam Achievements are live!
- New sounds for a whole bunch of things!
- Bee Spawn rate is now higher. Cricket Spawn rate is lower.
- New display cases for the Patisserie.
- Fixed up the night transition after earlier refactors.
- Lumber Prices have been lowered.
- Made sure villagers can path through doors.
- Fixed paths not smoothing up/down hills.
- Moutain intersecting with village should occur less often.
- Some server changes to better handle giving assets to players.
- Fixed up villagers interacting with disconnected players.
- Fixed a couple things wrong in Asset Manager.
- Fixed issue with Creative Menu sometimes giving multiple items on right click.
- Fixed an issue with bookshelves and grabbing items.
- Made Mod Manager force a content build if it failed on previously on Steam start.
- Staxel will not start if Mod Manager fails a content build.
- Ensured MassReplacer can't replace with objects larger than 1 tile.
- Some other behind the scenes fixes.
| Sprout Edition
|31st of December 2017: ver Sprout 0.1.9 (171231a)
- Fixed some mine placement issues. Should be spawning properly now.
- LeftHanaded mode is now actually hidden. Make Crashlog and Enable Debug Keys are now always shown.
- Chat message will appear when starting/stopping tracelog.
- Make Characters who are flying/in camera mod invisible to NPC's.
- Fixed some chunk rendering issues.
- More logging to Out Of Memory crashes.
|30th of December 2017: ver Sprout 0.1.8 (171230a)
- A mine has been added to world gen. Have fun finding it.
- More NPC's now sell their totems when you lose them.
- Aliza now sells critical store items if the stores are broken.
- Fix doubled Axe sound.
- Fixed some of the UI issues that popped up since 0.1.7.
|29th of December 2017: ver Sprout 0.1.7 (171229a)
- Apiary finally has bee sounds.
- A whole bunch of Cake and Pie stands can be found. (Not craftable and only sold in Shipping Catalogue).
- Tavern door and Red door also added. Buyable in Building Store.
- Aliza can sell you the barn totem if you lose it.
- Old Jeans are now hidden in Char Gen. The newer paletted one is now there instead.
- TV Stand can actually take TV's now.
- A couple commands now don't require a player. (ditto, spawnitem, spawnmaterial, spawntile).
- A few background fixes to Achievements.
- Dialogue and vignette should be a little more reliable. (Done Client Side now.)
- Pausing was centralised, and should be more robust.
|28th of December 2017: ver Sprout 0.1.6 (171228a)
- Farm Fan and other guiding NPC's will now slow down before reaching the destination.
- Fixed null ref crashes for lootable tiles and other things.
- Particle editor UI now hides properly.
- When several Renders behind, only Render once now.
- Validate that a tile's autotiling references known tiles.
- Fixed some wonkeyness with the loading screen.
- Some behind the scenes fixes.
|24th of December 2017: ver Sprout 0.1.5 (171224a)
- A whole bunch of minor optimisations.
- Quest Dialogue should now have priority over normal dialogue.
- Fixed some edge cases with Villager quests.
- Rowan and certain Festival NPC's can't give quests anymore.
- Removed the last hairstyle that was still in pet furniture.
- Character Generator should now refresh skin palettes when changing race and gender.
- Hardened Steam mod checker to exceptions.
- Double click to install mod now runs content builder.
|23rd of December 2017: ver Sprout 0.1.4 (171223b)
- Santa Hats!
- Coral tiles.
- Pets should now save their names when being captured. The names should also update immediately now.
- Jeans are now paletted. But the old ones are still in char gen to avoid issues.
- Ponds/Swamps can now spawn gatherables on them.
- Option to mute error sounds was added.
- UI offset issue should be fixed.
- Resolutions should now be sorted correctly. (Or at least better sorted.)
- Minimalist desk can now fit a chair.
- Pastel Coffee Table and Shop Counter have their dock offset's fixed.
- Event recipes should be removed from stores. Sorry but you will only get them by participating in festivals.
- White rose seed is no longer searchable/findable.
- You now leave map mode when fainting.
- Break sounds are louder.
- Now plays a tool specific hit sound on breaking blocks.
- Merchants now validate that their contents are actually sellable.
- Fixed some issues with economy being off in certain cases.
- Debug keys (The f1-f12 keys) now need to be activated by options menu.
- Bunch of model fixes and crafting icon changes.
- Typo fixes and Creative Icon updated.
|21st of December 2017: ver Sprout 0.1.3 (171221a)
- Chinese and German Translations was done today.
- Cake recipes are now possible.
- Sugar and salad are now starter recipes.
- Frame animated tiles can now play sounds.
- Pause has now been activated for all menus.
- Building store now has more doors, windows, fences and blue prints.
- General store got some new items.
- Some item previously removed have been added in again.
- Grass doesn't spread through winter.
- Bugs won't spawn on weeds anymore.
- Non-festival totems are now in the creative catalogue.
- Aliza should no longer speak about Farm Licenses to non-owners.
- Steam Mod installer now works with new versioning system and also won't bug installers with "Out Of Date" every launch.
- Better colour highlight in creative catalogue.
- Special Thanks was added to credits.
- Baking station will check for stuff inside before giving a verb for it.
- Server Console can now be activated with the settings menu. (Client console is still "showconsole.txt" in the /bin/ folder.)
- Client Console now outputs stuff on Windows 8.1 and 10.
- Debug Tools files in /mods/ got removed in preperation for Steam Upload.
- Mass Filler Debug Tools is now working again.
- Pastel Table is now set to the right dock config.
- Plants should error before they get through content builder if they point to a non-existent stage. If it does, error message has been improved.
- More Behind the scenes fixes for crashing.
|20th of December 2017: ver Sprout 0.1.2 (171220a)
- New Inventory Layout
- The store sells decorations instead of Jams now.
- 5 more doors.
- Some newer crafting reations have been fixed up.
- Items don't scale up in docks anymore.
- Mixing station now shows the right states. (No more lifting up the beater while crafting.)
- Wall vines are scytheable
- Removed some Hairstyles that were in pet rewards. (You can't equip hairstyles)
- Fixed world gen smoothing, should have less issues with structures on the edge of drops.
- Forest box gives more money.
- Server should be sending more compressed packets now.
- Some more crash fixes.
|18th of December 2017: ver Sprout 0.1.1 (171218a)
- UI has been updated a lot across the board. Should have more consistency and more contrast. It's not completely done yet.
- Server Wizard now has 2 buttons to start the Game. Will allow steam users to start the game after starting the server.
- Totems placed by the Server are valid until they scanned the area. Should stop some issues happening on world start.
- Black door has been added.
|16th of December 2017: ver 20171216122337301
- Steam Achievements are in the works. May or may not be able to trigger them now.
- Crafting Stations and Sounds respect pausing.
- Roofs are now in the LOD. Old worlds may not show this until you place a block in the chunk however.
- Days are 25% longer. 22 minutes now.
- 10, 100, 1000 achievements should now count at the same time. You used to need to get 1110 seeds, now only 1000 seeds.
- Chairs should be more reliable in kicking the player off when they get destroyed. (No more sitting on thin air).
- More double ui sound fixes.
- Chimney now has smoke coming out of it.
- Consoles are now hidden by default.
- Fixed some more obscure crashes
- Some minor optimisations and background code changes
|13th of December 2017: ver 20171213231233773
- There is now a more robust mod system on install.
- Night transition got changed. The calender looks like a calender \o/
- UI double sound issue should be fixed.
- Pink and Blue doors
- Fixed seed maker not restarting crafting
- Hang on exit should be fixed.
- Fixed a bunch of stuff in the backend.
|12th of December 2017: ver 20172121200535704
- A rudimentary mod check was added to the launchup of steam version. This will be made more robust in future.
- Rope fence straight auto-tile has been changed.
- Growing a plant with magic water is a bit more robust.
- Couple of UI improvements. Calender looks better, Black Overlay in menus, Controllers and sliders fixed.
- Some more crash fixes.
- Solve some of the framerate issue while item preview is shown.
|11th of December 2017: ver 20171211224307214
- Controller prompt in start menu no longer blocks exit button.
- Made more Dresser trigger Character Generator.
- Debug Export Tool improvements. Should make less crashes and work more reliably now.
- Dialogue checks were added to ensure translations for each line exists. You must run Dialogues through "Tag dialogue and generate language" in content builder now.
- Fixed Controller not being able to go left-right in Character Generator.
- Animated Tiles can now have particles. You can see this with the the Campfire and Torch.
- Shop Roof was changed.
- Other minor under the hood stuff centered around fixing various crashes including Out of Memory crashes.